Learn More about Kaspersky Anti-Virus inside Juniper UTM
To learn more about Kaspersky Anti-Virus inside Juniper UTM and about Juniper UTM self, you can attend Junos Unified Threat Management (JUTM) course.
JUTM Course Overview
This one-day course includes detailed coverage of Web filtering, antivirus (AV), antispam, and content filtering. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Unified Threat Management (UTM) features of the Junos operating system.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the challenges that branch offices present to network managers.
- List the major features that UTM offers.
- Explain how each major feature addresses the challenges of the branch office.
- List the SRX Series Services Gateways hardware devices on which UTM is available.
- Describe the UTM features that require specific licenses.
- Define terms used in the creation of effective antispam UTM policies.
- Describe the process by which UTM examines traffic for spam.
- Describe the overall process of configuring an antispam UTM policy.
- Describe the kinds of information available from the device when it has detected spam.
- Describe how the AV process examines traffic.
- Describe the differences between full file-based AV versus express AV.
- Describe the settings that are required for configuring AV protection.
- Explain how these settings affect scanning performance and effectiveness.
- Describe options available for scanning supported protocols.
- List the general steps required to configure AV.
- Describe the statistical information available to verify AV functionality.
- Describe content and Web filtering and their purpose.
- List and describe each of the parameters used when configuring Web and content filtering.
- Describe in general terms the steps necessary to configure web and content filtering.
- Monitor Web and content filtering.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing and monitoring the UTM features available on branch SRX Services Gateways and J Series Services Routers.
JUTM is an intermediate-level course.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also have working knowledge of security policies.
Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS), Junos Routing Essentials (JRE), and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: UTM Overview
- Branch Office Challenges
- UTM Feature Overview
- Design Basics
- Hardware Support
- Licensing of Features
- Lab 1: Connecting to the Lab Equipment and Testing Connectivity
Chapter 3: Antispam
- Antispam Terminology
- Overview of Antispam Process
- UTM Policy Overview
- Configuration Steps
- Monitoring Antispam
- Lab 2: Configuring an Antispam Policy
Chapter 4: Full File-Based and Express Antivirus
- Antivirus Terminology
- Overview of Antivirus Process
- AV Operation
- Full File-based AV Configuration
- Express AV Configuration
- Monitoring AV
- Lab 3: Antivirus Configuration and Testing
Chapter 5: Content and Web Filtering
- Overview and Terminology
- Verification and Monitoring
- Lab 4: Configuring Content and Web Filtering
Useful link: JUTM course description and schdule at the Juniper Learning Portal:
Kaspersky Lab cooperates with the following Juniper Education Partners to provide the JUTM course under the best conditions or for free:
Diona Master Lab
United Arab Emirates
Juniper Authorized Education Training Partners